Friday, January 8, 2010

En Route to Bangladesh


Flight started off from Washington DC and then went to London, where there was a ton of snow...made it just in time for our connecting flight to Bahrain.  Now, we are finally in the Bahrain International Airport awaiting our flight to Dhaka - a 7 hour wait. We have about 3 more hours until our flight to Dhaka. 


I feel slightly dazed and not really sure what time it is. The first flight on Virgin Atlantic was nice. We were given these cute little pouches with socks, toothbrush, toothpaste, sleeping mask, and a blanket. 


2nd flight: Gulf Air. crazy children (4 of them)...who were cute, until they started to be annoying by singing songs nonstop, screaming, and kicking seats in front of them.  Makes it a little hard to sleep. 


Reading list:
Lonely Planet guide to Bangladesh = wonderful, thanks to Matt
Gomorrah...started it. 


The air in the Bahrain International Airport is stuffy and I've apparently developed allergies. Apparently, our flight to Bangladesh is delayed and the terminal is "sketchy" according to my dear friends...


Right now in Bangladesh, it is sunny and 24 C (about 75 F).


I would post pictures of the trip so far, such as the food served on the plane, and other sights, but I managed to leave my camera cord in DC. Well back to being sneezy in this airport...






No comments:

Post a Comment