Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Series of Events

A brief recap of the past month or so...

October = midterm month

Saturday, October 10: I managed to break an egg on my backpack. What happened: As you may recall from the video tour of my room, I have a refrigerator, in which I keep food and eggs as well. I was holding 2 eggs in my hand, about to take them downstairs so I can cook breakfast and then I thought...why don't I take some papers with me to read. While holding 2 eggs in one hand, I was using the other hand to open my 3 ring binder and get papers for a class, the binder started to fall and I tried to catch it with my hands, not realizing I still had the eggs in the other hand. My backpack just happened to be underneath where I was standing and that's how it happened.

Monday, October 12 I came home in the evening after class...it had been a long day and very cold. I was just walking in my room and somehow managed to break our mirror that we just got about a week ago. It was standing on top a very flimsy wire stand...I don't know why.

Tuesday, October 13, I decided to make just one egg for breakfast so I wouldn't risk dropping one. Well...I set it on the table, turned around to turn on the stove and hurt a big "splat"!

We recently got our grades back from the first midterm for our "Global Health Frameworks" course. The grades ranged from 47-83% and the average was about 70%; I was satisfied with my grade, but next time I hope to get the 83 or higher :)
Also in that same class, we talked about anthropology of health and health economics! yay !! (I'm serious, I really enjoyed it)

Backtracking...I went to Baltimore to meet my relatives a couple weekends ago. They were all very nice and welcoming. Apparently I look like my mom when she was my age...haha.
Anyways, I also got a lot of old family photos which if you'd like to see just let me know and I'll send you a link for that. I added more photos to the DC album HERE

Another highlight of DC: There is a 24-hour bookstore!!! This can be very bad for me.

Hope everyone is doing well and I miss working in the Blood Bank (Hi everyone at St. Luke's !)

No comments:

Post a Comment